Saturday, January 14, 2012

Patching Patches

Everyone has that favorite pair of jeans that they just can't part with, right? Well I certainly do. When I was 15 my younger sister(who wore the same size as me) gave me a pair of jeans that she no longer wanted. I fell in love with them right from the start. They were comfortable, as they were already worn in, and they fit great. I wore then all of the time. Then one day, after having the jeans for about 3 years, I was riding my bike and the pant leg got caught in my chain. Rrrrrrip, there was a hole in my favorite jeans. Instead of throwing them out I decided to put a colorful little patch over the hole.

Then I continued to wear them, but holes in jeans are like ants, where there's one, there are more to come. So I decided to patch up the little rips and tears as they occurred.


Now 14 years later, they are still my favorite jeans. They definitely look and fit a lot differently than they did when I first got them, but for me they tell a story. Each piece of fabric reminds me of a different part of my life. Now they are getting to the point where some of the patches are needing to be patched. After spending an hour or so patching patches this week they are, again, ready for action. Even though there is very little original denim showing anymore, I still love them and wear them often. I will NEVER get rid of these pants! 

No comments:

Post a Comment